How to Secure Your Business: A Guide to the Perfect Commercial Safe
Chris, Jul 13, 2021
It's no secret that the world is changing. We are more aware than ever before of threats both large and small, from hacking to a break-in on our property. These risks are something that business owners need to take seriously in order to protect their investments and ensure they're operating as efficiently as possible. A commercial safe is the perfect solution for both small and large businesses alike because it offers more than just security. In fact, it can be the difference between having a successful business and being robbed blind. Read on for our guide to choosing the perfect commercial safe!
What is a Commercial Safe and Why do I Need One?Commercial safes are really just a larger version of the standard home safe. Because most businesses have more to protect, they come in bigger sizes and offer extra security features. For example, while traditional safes usually require a four-digit code, commercial safes usually require at least a six-figure code as well as an additional lock that requires a key. Commercial safes are effective for the following reasons:
They're a deterrentWe all know that criminals are more likely to choose an easy target, so if they see that your business has invested in commercial-grade security, they're going to look elsewhere. In addition, commercial safes come with physical and digital defenses, making thieves think twice before getting into your safe.
They're a buffer against theftNot every business is going to have on-site employees, and when you do have them, they're not always the most trustworthy. This means that even if someone does manage to break in or gain unauthorized access in another way, there's still a layer of protection between them and the things that matter most.
They contain backup optionsMany commercial safes come with a method of recovering your combination in case of an emergency. In addition, some have digital backup options where users can access their codes from anywhere. Even better, some have both! You never know when something is going to happen, and having the ability to send out new codes remotely can save you a lot of heartache (and money) in the long run.
Tips for Choosing the Right Type of Safe for Your BusinessThere are many types of safes out there, and you'll need to know which one is going to be most effective for your business. Here are some tips:
- Know what type of business you have and how much cash is typically on hand
- Determine your needs - for example, do you need to protect firearms or valuables from fires and floods
- Look at the size of the safe - will it fit in the location where you want to put it
- Consider a fireproof safe if you're looking to protect paper documents that can't be replaced
- Think about whether or not an electronic lock would work best for your situation
- Determine if a combination lock is right for your needs or if biometric locks might suit better
- Consider how much weight you need to store in your safe
- Read reviews on various safes before making a purchase decision