King Safe and Lock accepts credit cards for your convenience.
King Safe and Lock is a member of these professional locksmith organizations.
King Safe and Lock is a trusted locksmith service company used by organizations like the Houston Police Department and Continental Airlines for emergency locksmith services in the Houston area.
How To Choose a Reputable and Trustworthy Houston Locksmith
When selecting a Houston Locksmith for your home or business,
King Safe and Lock recommends using
1. Select a reputable Houston Locksmith with a physical brick and mortar office location in Houston. Call only local numbers; avoid 800 or 888 numbers as those tend to be call centers located out of town, out of state or in some cases, out of the country. Be advised that several Houston locksmiths are serious scammers and even put phony local addresses in their advertisements.
2. When you make an initial call to a locksmith in Houston, make certain
that the company is insured, licensed and bonded through The Texas Department
of Public Safety (TXDOT), as required by law. Since State licensing and
bonding information is available to the public and is covered by the Freedom
of Information Act
3. All locksmiths are also required by State law to carry a “Pocket Card” on their person at all times. The pocket card is issued by the Texas Department of Public Safety and has the locksmith’s name, photograph, registration number and expiration date. Always ask to see the pocket card if it is not visible. If the locksmith does not have one, send him away. If he insists payment or refuses to leave, call the police.
4. Beware of “Bait and Switch” pricing, especially over the phone. All locksmiths, Houston area or not, have a set fee for the initial service trip charge for coming out to your location. The actual services rendered, including labor and parts, are added on to the trip charge. Scammers will mislead you into thinking that the trip charge will be the only payment due. Beware of any locksmith that quotes rates that are too good to be true. Scammers will often quote a substantially low price to get your business and upon arrival to your location they will find reasons to charge you excessively. When calling a Houston locksmith always ask the technician how the total price will be calculated, then ask again when the locksmith arrives. Though legitimate Houston locksmiths are not entirely able to quote an exact price over the phone, always remain cautious of outlandish price increases.
5. Last, but not least, always triple check the invoice or receipt given to you by a locksmith. In Texas, the company name, address, phone number, and license number must be printed on the invoice you should never hesitate to file a complaint with the Texas Department of Public Safety if you encounter any discrepancies with a Houston locksmith.
Commercial and Residential Customer Reviews:
“King Safe and Lock has the best customer service of any locksmith
in Houston! Although I walked in the
“I needed a key made for an antique jewelry box. After calling
several locksmiths in Houston, I finally found what I was looking for
at King Safe and Lock. I knew the second I walked in the door that
this Houston locksmith would be able to make my unique key. The locksmith
used the utmost caution with my jewelry box
“Last Friday was my third trip to King Safe and Lock after losing
my car keys again. My friends are all convinced that I do it on purpose
just to have an excuse to visit my favorite locksmith in Houston! I really
keep going back because the wonderfully low price on high security computer
chip keys. They charge half of what dealers charge! They are always very
quick and courteous. Thanks yet again for saving my sanity, King Safe and Lock! See you next week!”
“After losing my keys (car, house AND business) right before my
biggest meeting of the year, I thought it was the end of the world. I
searched for a Locksmith in Houston and called King Safe and Lock immediately.
Realizing my emergency, a locksmith arrived in LESS THAN 15 minutes and
was able to give me nearly
“I have had many wonderful experiences with King Safe and Lock.
They came to my house and installed the Mul T Lock high security deadbolts
and locks. I have never felt safer when I or my children are home alone.
The employees are very kind and helpful. I have also purchased a fire
safe to keep my valuables secure at all
“If you ever get locked out of your car or just need a spare car
key, save yourself the pain of searching for an honest budget locksmith
in Houston and call on King Safe and Lock. Their professionals services
include (but are not limited to!) high security computer keys, high security
car chip keys, automotive computer keys and are the most RELIABLE Houston
emergency locksmith and have the most reasonable pricing.”
King Safe and Lock Today
King Safe and Lock is a leading emergency locksmith service,
safes, and high security locks company in Houston.